Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here We Go

Ok. After endless procrastination and in spite of a seemingly visceral reluctance to embrace yet another element of the still daunting world of computers, cyberspace, and social media, I have decided to tip-toe into the 21st century via the creation of this outlet for my own thoughts and ramblings.

The title of this effort comes from what can be best described as my "status"(to borrow a term from Facebook). As a fifty-something guy wrestling with all of mid-life's issues and challenges, I find that simplicity, and the incorporation of it into as much of my life as is possible, has become my own holy grail. For me, the feel of the cork handle of a fly rod in my hand as I stand among the elements of a Cape Cod estuary or a Gulf Coast mangrove ecosystem, seems to distill all life's complexities down to what is truly important. For me, fly fishing brings clarity of thought, reveals my life and my loves in context, orders priorities, and, in so doing, enables the pure joy of simpicity. As a result, if I am not fly fishing, I am thinking about fly fishing, or something that will help me do it better, and more often.

All this thinking has filled my skull with more than its limited capacity can retain. So, from time to time, I'll spill it out here. If anyone inadvertently stumbles across this cerebral outwash and can find some use or amusement from anything in it, all the better!

3 comments:

  1. Off to an awesome start Dad!!!! Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dad! It was great reading about your first experience catching a striper. You never told me that story! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogging seems to flow as naturally from you as the cast of your fishing line Big Bro! Keep it up Craig...You could easily get these published in a variety of fishing mags with a few choice photos to sweeten the deal! A new career for your retirement years perhaps?

    ReplyDelete